Why Most Gun Control Advocates Don’t Get It
A lot of these high schoolers, liberal arts college grads, unmarried, childless, government dependent, emostionalistic voters fail to get and in many ways can not understand is WHY gun owners refuse to just ‘give up’ their guns. Most of them can’t figure out why anyone wants to or needs to own a gun in the first place. I a country that pampers them and has provided for all their needs its is hard to imagine why. When their worst day is a first world problem and the feeling of being poor amounts to not having enough to buy your fave venti latte from Starbucks. Godforbid they had to eat Ramon noodles in college, oh the inhumanity. Getting off topic. So to spell it out for all the brainwashed, ignorant and self righteous gun controlers/grabbers: This is WHY AMERICANS have guns.
- FREEDOM. Our inalienable right to defend ourselves. We are FREE to use the proper tool that exerts the proper force equal to the force that can be used against us and subdue the attacker. We are FREE to do that and we should be. Benjamin Franklin said it well: “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
– Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
- CRIME. The streets of Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, and all those regions of the country where gun control has essentially disarmed anyone from being able to defend themselves. Thus, criminals and all those willing to break the law, know this. Hence, the immense crime rate in areas where people are most defenseless. Tomas Jefferson hit it spot on when he stated: “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
- FAMILY. The lives of my spouse and children are vastly more important than my own, and ensuring their security and defense is an inherent duty. It is OUR duty to defend and subdue all violent attacks on our family. George Washington stated: “That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment, to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion.” -George Washington, letter to George Mason April 5th 1769
- THE HEART OF HUMANITY. We recognize the truth that this world is not perfect, and evil exists. Humans do evil things against each other. Thieves, robbers, assaulters, addicts, and people with uncontrollable personal issues that compels them to engage in actions that hurt, harm, ruin, and kill other people they come in contact with. THIS is unstoppable and has been a part of human society since the first humans walked the earth. Due to this inherent nature, a self defense that is equal or greater to subdue the evil is also recognized as necessary. The greatest being to ever walk the earth, Jesus Christ, stated this: “And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.” – Jesus, Luke 22:36. Why would Jesus of all people tell his followers to arm themselves and buy a weapon? Jesus then states: “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries…” Jesus, Mark 7:21. God, spoke through The Apostle Paul when he stated: “There is none righteous, not even one; There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one.” – Paul, Romans 3:10-12.
There is another reason that is at the core of why The Founding Fathers of the most powerful and greatest nation on earth included the 2nd Amendment. This is not really taught in schools and people or view the government as mommy and daddy will obviously disagree. Which is also the result of growing up in a such a spoiled and pampered luxurious society.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
George Washington put it best when he stated: “A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” Now lets look at a section of the Declaration of Independence: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…” The Declaration of Independence, In Congress, July 4, 1776. Not only is it the duty and responsibility of the people to secure these inalienable rights but it is ALSO a right to alter, abolish, and institute a new government “whenever any form of government becomes destructive” to these rights. Ready for the primary reason for the 2nd Amendment?
FREEDOM TO DEFEND AGAINST ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT THAT ATTACKS OUR INALIENABLE RIGHTS.
Now considering THE HUMAN HEART (reason #4), and the government is made up of imperfect people who seek to draft imperfect laws AND in light of human history of governments; only an ignorant child would not see that an oppressive enslaving genocidal government is always a possibility.
Keeping and barring arms is no different than you locking your car doors and home door at night. When you do it, you do not see an immediate threat. No robber is standing in your front yard holding a sign saying “I will rob your house tonight”. You do it because the THREAT is a real possibility. You lock your car doors while you are at the movies because the THREAT of your car being broken into is a real threat.
An oppressive and tyrannical government is a real threat. Just look around the world now and study history. The Syrian government is gassing its own people. North Korea is starving its own citizens. China is imprisoning its own citizens for speaking freely. Wasn’t that long ago, the Taliban in Afghanistan were publicly executing who ever disagreed with them. All major genocidal governments in history, started with gun control and sought to disarm any resistance. This is the truth. These are real possibilities because of the human heart shown to us in real history.
If you notice, in every and all reasons for having a gun is this: BEST DEFENSE FOR WHAT IS MOST VALUABLE.
The use of guns for self defense have saved more lives than any safe space or gun free zone. All the mass shooters who were stopped by someone else with a gun, saved the number of lives as to the rounds left in the shooters gun. The shooter, instead of using all his ammunition on unarmed people, was stopped before he could use all his ammunition. A buried CDC report estimated that guns were used in self defense about 2.4 million times. Those 2.4 million people would have been just another victim of a crime if it was not for their ability to defend themselves. Deterrence also plays a factor.
Lets consider Court houses. What deters people from wanting to shoot up a court house? Video surveillance, silent alarms, armed security, metal detectors, entrance searches, and police response time to name a few. People are being sentenced to life in prison, receiving the death penalty, and being imposed life altering fines. Why aren’t the accused, their family, or the victims families shooting up court houses? Why is this such a rare occurrence all the while being a higher stress environment than high schools? The ability to defend against such attempts. That’s why.
The explicit observable ability to defend against an attacker is the deterrent. though, there is no full proof 100% deterrent or perfect defense. Some people are just crazy, illogical, irrational, and will just dive right into a pool with sharks after cutting their wrist. But those who are willing to violate the law BUT not risk their life, are more deterred. Shame the government of schools, counties, school districts, states, and federal aren’t willing to put systems in place to defend our children in schools like they do court houses, their political offices, and places where they store their money… But that’s another matter.
In the home and in public, gun owners are equipped to protect their spouses and children and ready to put down any attacker long before the attacker uses all his ammo on unarmed people and long before police finally arrive.
Gun Control advocates and gun grabbers either don’t understand the duty to defend their family or feel subconsciously guilty for failing or being unable to defend their family. Maybe even feel too selfish and lazy to defend their family so they would rather the government do it for them… either way, when the government starts taking away more of their rights and silencing their annoying voice… what will they have to defend themselves with?
Keep in mind, it was estimated that only 15% of the colonialist participated in The Revolutionary War… YOUR WELCOME 85% for your rights that which were secured by the 15% of gun owners willing to take a stand.
Why Most Gun Control Advocates Don’t Get It? They don’t have that great sense of anything besides themselves and their ideals to physically defend. They ‘defend’ only those who agree with their ideals and agenda, thus, still about them. They ‘fight’ for only those who agree with their ideals and agenda, thus, still about them. They are not willing to sacrifice themselves for someone else’s ideals. They aren’t willing to selflessly accept the notion that freedom includes risk. They fail to see their own self-righteousness. They fail to see their own logical contradictions and hypocrisies because they are too blinded by their obsession with pushing their own ideals and agendas. Gun Control advocates who don’t have children, do not have that innate parental instinct to protect their children at all costs, beyond themselves. Spoiled college grads not have experienced a world without their luxuries. Government dependent citizens, pampered by this system have no idea the depths a government can do.
Gun Control advocates need to spend 3 years in Syria; organize and participate in free speech rallies in North Korea; fight for womans and same sex rights in Iran; walk around the streets of Chicago and Detroit with their Gucci purse holding a sign that says “I am unarmed”; Then talk about not having the right and ability to defend yourself. They can even start now. Stop locking your home and car doors…